Friday, April 9, 2010

Primary Care MD Approval....CHECK

I have now officially begun the real process for the big S day. I had my primary care physician evaluation yesterday and it went terrific. Not only is he giving me his approval that I am healthy enough to undergo this surgery, he is giving clearance that I am psychologically prepared for it as well. I had a nice long chat with Dr. L. about the risks and benefits to the surgery and he admitted to me if he had the cash laying around, he would be there next to me in line for the surgery. I don't quite know why, but that is reassuring to me.

In the middle of our discussion, he asked what surgeon and hospital I have chosen for the procedure. When I told him my choice, a smirk came to his face and he noted he was happy to hear it as he feels they are, "the best". I am thankful to hear him say that. I have done my homework and I feel prepared for this. I know it will not be an easy journey, but it is one I must endure. I know I could die, but if I don't go through this, it is certain I will die anyway. Not only that, but I will have to suffer getting sicker and sicker until I do. I want to be free of this and know I am ready to do whatever must be done to get there.

The next big step for me is not far off. One week from today I will have the first meeting with my surgeon. As long as Dr. L sends his approval letter before my appointment, I will likely be able to schedule a date! If not, as soon as the surgeon gets his approvals, I will be ready to schedule. I am so freaking excited...like ready to jump out of my body excited. Each day brings me closer to that final goal.

Tick tock tick tock...bring on the next leg of the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment