Monday, March 29, 2010

Long time....

As it has been awhile since my last post I decided to update. Things are going well, but I am totally exhausted today. Yesterday I threw a bridal shower for my best friend...Goose. Go check her out!

It was complete with lavender colors everywhere in honor of her wedding. Each table was draped in lavender with candles and candies and funky little zigzagged shreds of darker purple paper. It was lovely and I think it suited her nicely. I am very excited about the upcoming wedding because as a fantastic turn of events, she fell in love with my first cousin. Now not only do I get to keep my friend forever, I get to keep her in my family forever too. How strange it is that she will soon be taking the last name I left behind in October.

Anyway, the shower was a huge success. I worked very hard to give her a beautiful and fun day. The only thing I forgot was...MY CAMERA!!! I was pretty mad at myself, but considering that was the only thing I forgot for the day I figure it is okay. There were plenty of other people with camera's so she should be able to get pictures to enjoy. So to Goose....sorry I forgot that one!

As I have known Goose for some 14 years now, I know her "likes" pretty well, which came in very handy for throwing her shower. As I know she isn't much of a "cake" kind of girl, I decided to make homemade pies in celebration of her day. With it I made her favorite treat, Oreo dirt cake! I must admit, I had never made nor tasted a dirt cake and now understand why she likes it so much. Instead of the traditional "flower pot" arrangement I put it in a trifle bowl so all the pretty layers would show.

We played games and enjoyed our sinful treats and had a wonderful time. I took the time to hand make earrings for each of the women who came to the party, which provided a huge hit. It was thrilling to do something so nice for my friend and I could tell...she had fun!

Now it's back to the daily grind. Only one good thing about this day. I am getting HD hooked up to my new TV. Tonight I plan to sit and stare in awe at the big screen sitting in my living room. I want to prop my feet up and enjoy some "veg-out" time. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment